Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An Ode to the Park Chalet and Did I Just Get Zitoed?


There are things on the weekend that I love - my husband, my son, John's Ocean Beach for breakfast, the fact I don't have to go to work, and now to those ranks joins The Park Chalet. When I moved to the Sunset, John told me that it was foggy, and that was true, it is, but seriously, I really thought that I would be under the cloak of fog constantly, becoming pale from lack of sun light, and becoming something akin to a mole people (which was really the selling point for me). But come to find out, when the fog lifts, the Sunset is actually quite sunny and being three blocks from the beach is pretty amazing, but even better is the miracle of The Park Chalet, which is located behind the Beach Chalet and is an outdoor area that serves beer, food and allows children to roam free. Basically it is an oasis to frenzied parents who are under the constant deluge of toddler antics. A place to find peace in the form of sun, wear out your little one, the reminder you are not alone in the struggle, and oh they serve beer. So to you Park Chalet, I thank you for providing an outlet for Owen and his parents.

Also, in baseball news, did the Giants get Zitoed? Will that become popular vernacular around San Francisco. That (expensive) dinner was a total Zito! I like it very much. My brother-in-law thinks I should urban dictionary it, perhaps I shall.

No comments: