Thursday, April 24, 2008

6.5 - Goal of Thirty

About two months into my move to San Francisco, my eyes began to get this white filmy crust on them. Going to the ophthalmologist revealed that my eyes were not losing sight, but just caking over due to wearing my contacts, possibly allergy related. So I continued on to the allergist and had my very fist allergy test. My back was pricked with various allergens. Fifteen minutes later, the doctor returned asking "If I was itchy?" My response was "Nope." Dr. Allergy said, "Great, you are probably not allergic to much." Flash to him uncovering my back while whispering "Good Lord", so I knew that was not the case. It seems San Francisco provides my immune system with an opportunity to go freaking bonkers all year long, save October/November. Aside from having to wear my eyeglasses (hello geek chic), it is not a big deal. But Spring has sprung and with it itching eyes and runny nose. I combat with Nasonex, which helps immensely. But with the Goal of Thirty, I have discovered something - "My name is Cassie, and I am a spitter." Today alone, seven times. I ran thirty minutes meaning approximately every four and a half minutes I spat. Obviously running clears your lungs, and I am with constant allergic phlegm, so the spitting is necessary or else I die choking on my on spittum. The funny thing is at first I was like - oh my I have to spit; I hope no one sees me - patooey. Now I am like, ten bucks I take out the kid in the stroller with this one. So, yeah, I like spitting, and considering entering some competitions. Who knew?

No comments: