Thursday, August 24, 2006

Last week my ordered bras from Fig Leaves arrived. John sent me an IM notification of BRAS ARE HERE. Obviously due to his bolding and use of all caps, I don’t need to describe to you the joy in my heart that leapt as I read those words. So after skipping home in absolute glee, I opened the box, ripped off my shirt and unsnapped my too small bra calling it incompetent as I flung it across the room and tried on my new purchases. Happiness quickly ebbed, as my bras were ill fitting and not able to adequately hold the monstrosities my pregnancy has created. I think it is possible at this moment I had a minor conniption fit. Just a slight one. Sometimes I truly believe that my guardian angel is a drunken fat man named Sully with a mean streak. I can see him up there with his barroom mates, telling them all about me.

Bar Pal: So Sully, who you got to watch over?
Sully (wiping drool off his lower lip): Me? I gots this girl. Cassandra. She is nice and all but I like to toy with her for my own amusement. Like, poor kid is pregnant and her boobs are just enormous. And well, she order bras last week and well, just to fuck with her I made sure these bras won’t fit. She is getting them today, come over and we can watch together. Should be fun. Oh god, see her face. Hah. Poor kid, I don’t know why I like doing it but I do. Bartender, whiskey shots for all. The girl's gonna cry.


Anyway, I knew drastic action had to be taken. So on Friday evening after work I walked to Nordstroms to the lingerie department. Where I summoned a clerk and stated that I was pregnant, and I needed to be fitted for a new bra. Into the room we went wherein she stood with tape measurer, and I took off my jacket. She looked at me for a moment before saying, “You must take off your sweater and shirt as well.” Okay then. So, I stood in bra and pregnant belly being measured wherein she said - you are a 36. So I was right on that front. As for the boobs, she said you could be a DD or a DDD, let us check. I waited in the room when she came back with about 7 bras. She then asked the question, “May I assist you?” I have always had issue with being naked in front of other women. I hate it, and if necessary I can in fact get changed in about 3.2 seconds. But I was in a situation that required immediacy. MY NEW BRA MUST BE BOUGHT. So I said yes, and stripped off my bra and tried on bra, after bra, after bra, after bra. And when the Nordstrom’s lingerie sales clerk says assist. Well, they actually mean molest. Just an FYI. But I suffered through, and found a bra. The sales person saying to me - "This bra is perfect. As you are bit top heavy." Really? I am bit top heavy? Do you think? Considering my boobs are Triple DDDs at the moment and I could provide a shelter for a midget family and their dog in a hurricane? Thanks lady, I would have never guessed. But I have to say, she did a fantastic job and I am quite perky in my new purchases. Which is pretty great, since perky and I departed ways in 1999.

No comments: