Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Attack of the Yellow Pepper, Plane Rides and Boston Gimlets


What you see before you may appear to be a yellow pepper. But for me, it is a killer. Today at the allergist I happened to mention what happened to me in Hawaii a few years back when I had unknowingly consumed my allergic nemesis, the yellow pepper. After the doctor stared at me, he said “This is very serious Ms. McCall. What you experienced was anaphylaxis.” Yeah. “You will need to come in for further food testing and carry around an epipen. As well as get a medical alert bracelet.” Uh-huh. “You could die Ms. McCall.” All righty. Then I was instructed on how to save myself via the epipin and watched a movie about anaphylactic shock. And now for the rest of my life I will carry around an epipin and wear a medical alert bracelet because I am allergic to god darn yellow peppers. However, this is pretty exciting in the sense my nerd status has risen to “Stephen J. Hawking” levels. Also, I was told "never to eat alone." So I better not get divorced.

Two days from now John and I embark on our adventure east. We are both a tad bit fearful on this completely booked plane that our kids are going to go ape shit and make us the hated McCalls of Row 5. I am going to look positively towards this trip and negate all memories of the trip back home with Maggie in March. The one in which I think hell is loosely based, because positivity gets positive results right? Right? Anyone with me? Help me.

Anyway, see you soon Beantown! If you are in Boston and would like to get together for a drink, remember, I like gimlets.

No comments: