Thursday, January 03, 2008

And So It Begins . . .

My two new year's resolutions are as follows: (1) lose 20 pounds and (2) drink more seabreezes in the seabreeze. I think I can accomplish on of these quite easily; however, the other will take some work - mixing vodka with equal parts orange and cranberry juices adding enough but not too much ice, then finding a beach. Tough work! Luckily, I live near one. But wait a minute; I thought that you would say losing weight? Yeah, me too. But in all honestly the formula for losing weight is quite simple - eating right plus exercise equals weight loss. Abracadabra ladies and gents. Although I did go on Weight Watcher's post baby and lost a fair amount of weight - 20 pounds, I have been lax of late and the jelly in my belly is making a comeback. So it begins anew, given I am no longer breastfeeding thus 24/7 ravenously hungry, I am confident that by March 7 (the day I go to Hawaii for the first time ever) I will have attained that goal, or at least come close to it. Wish me luck.

So today I went to Subway and got a turkey on wheat with veggies. Usually when I go to Subway, it follows a certain path:

Me: Turkey on Wheat, with American Cheese and Yellow Mustard. That's it.
Veggie Doler: What? No Lettuce?
Me: No. Just Plain.
VD: No pickles? No onions?
Me: Nope, just yellow mustard. Thanks.
VD: Shaking head.

Why is it so horrible to go into Subway and ask for the just the basic of all sandwiches? I did not just whip out my penis (if I had one) and peed on you lady (and I use that tern loosely because said Veggie Doler is actually a man, in ladies clothing - San Francisco is awesome). Sure I am possibly paying a premium for all the veggies I want, but I don't want them. However, today I ordered a turkey on wheat with american cheese, yellow mustard, lettuce, pickles, black olives, green peppers and onions. And holy crap, it was good. And filling. And under the Weight Watcher's Point System, only 6 points. So the total pointage, thus far for today is 9 points, 3 in the form of a latte and 6 in the form of a delicious veggie filled Subway sandwich. Okay, Veggie Doler, I get the entire thing now. Sorry. If I remember correctly, my points should be around 22 now that Owen is boob free, so I got a bunch to blow tonight - hello chocolate. I keed, I keed. Is it just me, or is the entire Weight Watcher's Points System somewhat akin to gambling? Do I blow my wad or do I play every game in the house, spreading it around a bit? Not too sure, but I am sure of one thing. Hawaii is 63 days which roughly averages to 0.317 pounds of weight loss a day. The journey, she will be tough, but I get to console myself with lush greenery, mai tais, swimming and hopefully not Tsunamis (because I got an irrational fear of those which I will save for another time).

No comments: