Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When Rainbows Vomit

There was a time when I would see little girls dressed like rainbow vomit and say “What is wrong with that mother?” That was before I had a girl, a girl who now picks her own clothing. Maggie is 2.5 years old, and has the fashion sense of an eccentric bag lady drunkard. “No, I want my tights, Mama!” “I want my boots!” “No, I do it, Mama!” It is pretty much to the point John and I throw up our hands and let her have at it. She is a girl very adamant (bordering on pyschosis) about her wants and dislikes. She HATES when I put her hair in ponytails, much preferring “my barrettes”. Last Saturday, she grabbed 8 barrettes and made John put them all in her hair. And seriously, this sucks because even though I am a tomboy, I loved doing my Barbie’s hair. Now I have a girl with hair, lots of curly ringlet hair that just screams “Play with me!!”, but, no, it is a steady stream of headbands and barrettes for Mags.

Today this is what Maggie wore:


Please note the cowboy boots, with blue tights, and pink tutu.


Her Beatles Shirt with bedazzled elastic as a bracelet (because you know, not like I can actually ever put her hair up in one).


And the hair. Today we have a blue and white striped headband with hot pink flowers. Maggie, opting for an around the head effect ala NBA stars, as well as a purple barrette - because hell be damned if this girl does not have a barrette in her hair.


Maggie McCall, Fashion Maven.

No comments: