Friday, June 10, 2011

The Friday Rundown

I want to state that this blog will no longer will be featuring recaps of the epic saga Game of Thrones, mainly because I am sick of people visiting my site but typing the words “boy sucking tit game of thrones” into Google. Call me crazy.

This week marked my first week of Half Marathon training. Those not in the know a Half Marathon is wherein I will run 13.1 miles. I told you to call me crazy. Because I felt that two years of continuous running warranted something, so immediately my mind ran to self-torture in the form of running 13 plus miles. Although truth be told, I was getting a bit bored with my runs and needed something to shake them up - an attainable goal. This week has involved 50 minutes of yoga, three 3 mile runs one of which was interval training. Today, thank god, is my only rest day of the week before another 3 miler tomorrow and my initial Sunday long run of 5 miles. Holy cow, exercise. This is the intermediate training program, not the beginner as I felt that too easy. I think I might regret this decision. I feel strong, and hopefully I can accomplish this goal with minimal cursing.

The world of parenting continues and always fraught with adventure. Owen is obsessed with turning five lately, even though that will not happen for another six months. “I want to turn 5 tomorrow, mama.” “I want a piñata at my birthday.” The last statement took me about 3 minutes to figure out as he began with “I want an Ngata.” And I am all, “Like the defensive tackle on the Ravens?” But nope, it was not Haloti Ngata but a Piñata. This is awesome as his birthday is in December, and it is usually cold and rainy then. But if he wants a piñata, a piñata he will get. I am a cool Mom like that.

In Maggie news, we are firmly entrenched it Tantrum City. I suggest you never visit Tantrum City because it is fully of crazy people who want everything and when they don’t get it they throw themselves on the ground for 20 minutes wailing like they are being water boarded only in some instant to forget it all, get up and start playing like nothing ever happened. This repeats every two hours. Maggie is also very fond of the words “No.” and “Go Away.” She has also developed an almost crazed addiction to popsicles and Mike and Ikes. Every morning she asks for “opposickle.” Its morning, no. “Cannddyyyyyyy, Mama.” Not until we leave. I give my children 2 Mike and Ikes each morning so they will get the hell out of the house so that I can travel on the N Judah. Bribery works. It works well. And they are losing those teeth anyway, so whatever.

Our weekend is going to be filled with such exciting adventures as swim class, the Park Chalet and a journey to Drake’s Beach in Point Reyes. I am sure there will be fish and chips and clam chowder involved because that is the thing my kids like right now - fish and clams. I know, they are weird - or you can inherit Bostonianisms. Go Bruins!



Don't let their cheerful demeanor fool you.

No comments: