Friday, May 23, 2008

Over the Hump

This perhaps does not hold true for all, but for me when involved in an exercise and diet regimen there is a stage in which I get "over the hump". The hump being viewing it as a necessary evil, not something I am happy to be engaged. But this week has finally produced the happiness within my plight of health, so much so it is no longer viewed as a plight. For it is not a DIE-it, it is a LIVE-It. Did you just throw up a little in your mouth? Me too. Today will mark five out of five work days that I have jogged on the Embarcadero. Also this week I have consumed grapefruit breakfasts, fruit salad lunches, cherry snacks and healthy dinners - although last night we had some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (thank you Owen) with our chicken and red pepper skewers. But good lord, I am doing it, and I'm not hating it, although I must say that when I lose weight there is a certain progression, that I don't think I am happy with. Basically it is line that falls from my head and one that grows from my feet. And as I lose weight the lines progress - one down, and one up. So I imagine that my goal is to have them meet in my midline, thus producing all that I can possibly do without becoming an Olsen. But before the midline meet, I pretty much think I might look like a martini olive. I don't even know if that makes sense, but I don't care. You know why? Because I have those stupid little endorphins running through my body like little fairies of happiness that dance upon my brain and make me all giddy and smiling and not want to punch hippies. And that is a good thing. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments: