Tuesday, June 12, 2007


Why I Am a Dork. I think that this may be a continuing series because the list is very long. First I would like to report that I have gotten an A in Big Brain Academy on my Nintendo DS Lite. Although I am satisfied with this grade, I still want an A+. Also in the realm of gaming goofiness, John and I just moved the Wii into the bedroom so that we can play Mario Party 8. I will let you chew on that for a bit. I allowed a gaming system be moved into my bedroom so that I can play Nintendo with my husband before bed. I think that violates total girl code, but whatever, I love the Wii. I am officially on Day 2 of my Weight Watchers diet. So far, so good. Of course my in-laws came over last night with boxes of See’s Candies. Curses! However, I only ate 2 pieces, which is an improvement over grabbing the box running to a corner and growling at any passerby. And you probably think I am kidding. I will like to state as a nursing mom, I get 10 extra points a day for a total of 35 points. 10 extra points? That is basically a big slice of pizza a day because I breastfeed. Finally my ravenous hunger makes sense.

I just made a purchase of a Jonathan Weiner print entitled “Flower Offering” that makes me so happy that I would hop, skip, dance, sing and whistle all at the same time if it would not cause me to fall flat on my face in a heap of twisted leg and tongue. As luck would have it, I stumbled upon his site from my numerous searches for art for Owen’s room, and fell instantly in love. The print is above. Of course, I am still looking for art for Owen’s room as well as pondering whether to buy Flor tiles. I am seriously insane when it comes to anything in that room - the crib and bedding purchase alone was a two month adventure in internet searches. But I got the Dick crib and the ABC Dwell Baby sheets and crib skirt and the room itself is a cold steel blue with white curtains. The color scheme being brown, blue and white. I have to say that I am rather impressed with how it came out, but I still must get the art and the rug which causes numerous headaches. I have this great Interpol print by Tara McPherson that is what the colors are based on, but still need to get some other things. I should seriously just get an entire wall of mirrors given Owen’s love of himself, but alas, I guess this is normal. I hope. Otherwise, I just gave birth to reincarnation of Narcissis.

So to sum up, I am a dork for the following reasons:

1. My grade on Big Brain Academy bothers me.
2. I have a Nintendo Wii in my bedroom.
3. Weight Watchers.
4. A piece of art has made me as giddy as when the Red Sox won the World Series.
5. I equate my son to a Greek god who fell in love with his reflection.

Don’t worry; this list is in no way complete.

No comments: