Friday, June 08, 2007










Boston Betrays, Infant Flying and Competitve Trickery. Remember how I said there are things in Boston I miss? Like scali bread, Wellfleet Oysters and Famous Roast Beef. Well, there is one thing I don’t miss and that is humidity. After 3 years of only visiting in the winter, I returned in June to find the welt in swelter. Holy crap. The next day however it was 50 and rainy. My dad repeated the phrase “If you hate the weather in Boston, just wait a day.” Well, I have another saying “If you hate the weather in Boston, fucking come to your senses and move already.” Needless to say, I am glad I moved for the weather in San Francisco although foggy on occasion, is never ever hell-like in its heat. Well except for the day I got married and it was 112 in the shade. In other news, I shan’t ever go on a plane again with Owen until he is at least 18 years old (maybe). The plane ride out was not bad, but the one back was six and half hours of pure torture. The poor guy got a head cold 10 hours before our flight, and was indeed Woe-wen. Thankfully, it is all a distant memory (photo of Owen in Boston above). The wedding was great though as was seeing my family. But from now on relatives and friends - you visit me.

This Monday will be my first Weight Watchers meeting, which is horrendous to type, but alas the 10 weeks of bed rest, the fanatical addiction to ice cream and my inability to stay on track has caused me to make the move. However, I have to say there is only one motivation for me joining the WW, and that is the fact that I am ultra competitive and need to join in order to put others to shame with my dramatic weight loss. Yep, I am this pathetic. At my old office we used to have something called Fat Track in which we all put in 20 bux and whoever lost the most percentage weight over a specific period of time, was named winner. And guess who was named winner and co-winner on every occasion? Me. And you wanna know how? The last weeks I would be running on my treadmill in garbage bags in order to eliminate any water from my system as well as eating hardly anything but tuna in a can and water. All this suffering for a mere 200 dollars, but it was worth it. Because I won! I won! I won! So, in order to trick myself into getting focused I have joined weight watchers. Even though there is a total crazy lady running this thing who annoys the hell out of me. Her name is Gwen, and she is a vocally high pitched cheerleader. But it must be done, for the boy is 6 months old, and I have exactly 6 months before we try for baby number two (who will never see the inside of an aircraft).

No comments: