Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Boob Revolts Against Exercise. Today marks nine weeks since I gave birth to The Head, which would be a great nickname for Owen, given his genetic predisposition for a monster noggin, but alas, his head is normal. Darn it, for I had visions of him joining a modern day freak show and being called the Human Lollipop. Dreams for your kids, I tell ya. Anyway, at the moment I am in complete agony, well not so much to the degree of tears, but give me a few hours. It seems my right boob is suffering from the breastfeeding woe of a plugged milk duct. The blame is solely my own. Last week, disgusted with myself and tired of the jiggly state of my body, I began to exercise with an obsessive compulsiveness bordering on crazy. More specifically I began to squat, lunge, and lift weights all to the most annoying bitch on the planet. Thank you Comcast On Demand. Sunday I began to notice that my right breast felt a bit sore, which was initially attributed to normal breastfeeding pain. However, last night it became quite clear that a duct is plugged. The cause – a sports bra. Well more specifically, my pre-pregnancy sports bras that I have used even though the process of getting into them is a contortionist impressing display of acrobatic maneuvering. But the result was my boobs compressly packaged and immobile which is exactly what a 9 week post-pregnancy mildly insane exercising gal wants. However, it seems the breastfeeding boobie needs not to be confined. It like a bird, desires freedom from the prison of a too tight sports bra. So, my boobie revolted and now a continuous, sharp and progressively worsening ache courses outward from it. The only cure of which is continued feeding, massage and heat. Although it is painful, it will be cured within the next few days. A more painful prospect is figuring out how to adequately support my swollen mammary. A trip to Old Navy today was futile. My only hope is that my night nursing bras will be able to support me when I began my newly purchased “Buff Moms” DVD. And yes, it is equally embarrassing to type that, as it was to purchase it. Ah well, the road to fitness continues. Wish me well.

No comments: