Thursday, May 25, 2006


So I can finally unveil the reason my postings of late have been haphazard and neglectful. Drum roll please . . . I am eleven weeks knocked up. In fact, today is the day in which the little bean within my belly is officially a fetus. Those familiar with my exercises in alcoholism should be pleased to know that I am also almost three months sober. So yes, it could be done. However, I fear that my sailor level of tolerance will be whittled to teenage girl at a kegger by the time I get reacquainted with the demon. I can't wait until 2008! So, I think in this blog, I would like to focus on the daily happenings of my pregnant life. And today I would like to discuss with the masses (all three of them) morning sickness. Luckily, I have seen little of this curse, but when we do meet, it makes for an occasion. My only comparison, not surprisingly, is when you are deathly hung-over, and you have that bile taste in your mouth with no ability to vomit. You just keep on swallowing praying for it to pass. Except in my case I have nary a drop to drink and it hits at odd times - but mostly 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., or 45 minutes after a meal, or when I eat pineapple. And yes, I don't eat pineapple anymore since discovering this. But other than that, all is well, other than finding substitutes for booze - for we all know, it makes the good times better and the bad times bearable. Cheers.

No comments: