Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh Really?

I am just about finished with Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love. This book was purchased months and months ago, but recently read after picking it up maybe ten times and saying, "Yeah, no." I finally gave it a go, liking it very much. It details a year in the life of the author traveling through Italy, India and Indonesia as she searches for pleasure after a terrible heartbreak. It is very spiritual, but I did not mind it, as she does not force feed it down your throat, but merely opines any avenue to God is a good one. The woman spent four months in India in an ashram, waking at 3:00 a.m. for four hours of mediation before breakfast, and then more chanting, and yoga, and studying under her guru. So, when reading her biography today, imagine my surprise with the following:

Much of her writing has been optioned by Hollywood. Her GQ memoir about her bartending years became the Disney movie "Coyote Ugly."


Coyote Ugly? The movie where the bartenders dance on the bar, with Piper Perabo and a whole slew of bad that is almost comical in its heights.

I do not know about you yoga lady touting spirtuality, but that is one little tidbit I would removed from my biography. Just saying.

No comments: