Friday, February 22, 2008

She puts the Oh! in Wino

I would like to first state that my battle against the bulge has been going swimmingly well. I have taken up running, as well as walking lots due to my pedometer (although this week has been fraught with rain, so the walking has been kept to a minimum). In addition to a lunch of Subway and a breakfast of toast and Laughing Cow cheese, I do believe I am getting slimmer. At least that is how it feels when I put on my clothing. It is funny how pregnancy changes your body, or should I say 10 weeks of bed rest and a dire lack of physical activity in the year that followed. But I feel good, and the motivation of Hawaii and a bathing suit did the trick. That being said, I have finally come to terms with the fact that a year of breastfeeding has changed my boobies. I really thought that I would just fit into my old bras the minute the milk stopped gushing, but I do not think that is the case. So this weekend I shall be molested by the lady at Nordstrom's and buy new bras (more than likely at a hefty price tag), but my boobs need support and cups that fit. In two short weeks, I will be in Hawaii - Kauai specifically. On the beach I shall sun myself and try to put all thoughts of tsunamis out of my head. I will eat coconut shrimp, and drink fruity rum drinks, and slather the palest kid in the world with a metric ton of sunscreen. It will be joyful, it will be triumphant. It will be just the thing to snap me out of this Sunday footballess depression. Oh, and last night I had an entire bottle of wine. I don't know what happened. I feel fine today, which is great - but my god. I poured a big glass to consume while viewing the joy that is Lost, and then I had another when that was finished, and then I was like - okay, a little bit more, and then in a blissfully buzzed state, I finished the bottle while John slept and I continued the torture that is Nip/Tuck. And although I should feel like drinking a bottle of wine in two hours was a tad much, I don't care - it was one of those evenings where it just made sense, producing a giddily warm inside. There was no stopping. And yes, this will be first story in my desperate spirally tumble into alcoholism that I tell at AA. But until then, tonight is Rock Band Beer Friday - yeah, be jealous.

No comments: